Most of us don’t want to take them unless we really have to.
But then there’s sinusitis, strep throat, bronchitis, tooth abscesses. All that fun stuff we simply need to hit on the head and FAST to get on with life without too much pain or discomfort!
So of course they do have their place and sometimes important role in our health and wellbeing.
It’s just so many clients often express their concern at having to take them – let alone a repeat.
“They just wipe me out…I feel like a zombie on them.”
“I get thrush straight after, so annoying!”
“I always get a cold afterwards - my immunity just goes right down”.
So without further ado, here are some super-quick tips for anyone upping the antibiotics this winter but really needing to support their body at the same time.
- Cross check with your GP and your pharmacist about any and all meds/ natural supplements you are taking. Super important.
- Avoid alcohol – no matter what it says on the information leaflet. Alcohol can stop your antibiotics from kicking in. We don’t want that. Abstain!
- Drink plenty of water – yes it’s hard in the cooler months. But herbal teas count, hot water and lemon! The citric acid in lemons is a winner to help break up mucous and alkalise our body!
- Go for the yellow, red and orange fruit and veg. You can’t go wrong! All of these are abundant in our antioxidant vitamins of either A or C to help clear infections and support our immunity.
- Keep taking your Probiotic Drinks.
If you’re not taking one…it’s a great time to start.
This is super-important and I am asked this a lot:
Is it OK to still take fermented probiotic drinks while being on the antibiotics?
Yes indeed! Just take them at least 2 hours away from your antibiotics.
We really need good gut biome at this time while the antibiotics are busy doing the job of wiping everything else, including the good biome, out!
So when the good biome is depleted it leaves us vulnerable to viruses, candida flare and possibly other infections.
It explains while some of us feel a bit wonky taking antibiotics. It’s powerful stuff!
So keep up your probiotics during this time to keep your immunity strong while you nail the nasty infection!
Another Body Ecology product I recommend to help our body recover and detoxify the system is Super Spirulina Plus Powder.
Just a ½ - 1 teaspoon per day blended in juice or a smoothie gives our body a great, readily absorbable source of protein, while helping us detox and release the infection.
And it’s OK to stop and REST and then rest some more.
So many clients relapse as they push themselves too soon.
I so understand it is not always possible.. but try hard not to push yourself too hard too soon.
We can be Super Human most of the time but not all of the time!
Click below for our combo deals: