We love our Chicken Soup recipe. It’s simple to create and a great little recipe for the weekend to freeze later for lunches and dinners during a busy week.
Our Chicken Soup features: cooked carrots full of carotene to help prevents colds/flu or at least reduce their duration, celery abundant in chlorine and sulphur which is vital for cleansing our liver and clearing our skin and...last but not least...our good old garlic – the best source of sulphur for antibacterial, antibiotic, antiviral and anti-infection action!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cooked and coarsely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon powdered sage
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- ½ to 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Cultured vegetables to serve http://yourdigestion.com.au/collections/probiotic-cultures/products/culture-starter
In a soup pot, heat fat over medium heat
Add onion, carrot, celery, heat and stir for 10 minutes
Add in minced garlic, heat for 1 minute
Add stock, chopped chicken, sage, thyme, salt and pepper
Stir until heated through add coconut milk and serve with a large dollop of cultured vegetables.