Heartburn, dyspepsia or Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is simply not a pleasant experience and usually comes on at the MOST inconvenient times.
Common symptoms are a burning pain in the chest behind the breastbone and/or burning pain in the stomach.
Other symptoms include:
- Bloating, gas, nausea
- Shortness of breath
- An acidic or sour taste in the throat
Many of my clients say it worsens:
- After eating
- At night
- Lying down or bending over
- After alcohol, spicy, fatty or fried foods, coffee or citrus
Many of them need an antacid as a quick-fix and yes why not if it gives you short-term relief?
But how would it feel to NOT have to go for the quick fix?
To manage the pain of heartburn BEFORE it’s a hassle?
There are a number of factors to consider and a Body Ecology solution that may help here.
Heartburn can occur when we have:
- Gallbladder problems
- Enzyme deficiencies
- Hiatal hernia
- Stomach infection
- Acidic foods
And it hits us when hydrochloric acid (used by our stomach to digest food) backs up into the oesophagus (the tube between our throat and stomach) and irritates or ‘burns’ our oesophageal and/or stomach lining.
So with the above in mind, here are some simple tips to help manage or prevent heartburn:
- At the first sign of heartburn drink a big glass of water
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals
- Take 1 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar (Organic and with the ‘Mother’) in a full glass water with a straw with your meal
- Elevate the head of your bed
- Avoid stress and anger
- Ask your GP if any meds you are taking could cause heartburn
- Ask your GP to be tested for H. Pylori bacteria a common cause of stomach infection
- And with your food – avoid the trigger foods like spicy foods, processed foods, tomatoes, onions
- Also avoid foods that feed the bad bacteria in the gut or intestine – these are foods containing sugar or fructose (fruit sugar), grains that contain gluten and some fibrous foods. By clearing out the bad bacteria, you help minimise stomach infection
Increase your good biome with Probiotic Liquids - these not only clear the bad bacteria from the digestive system, they introduce and re-colonise the good biome we need to fight infection.
And focus on alkalising your body with Super Spirulina Plus. This superfood is uniquely fermented to give your body an easily absorbable alkaliser. It also is a great hit of protein and nutrients you may be missing out on from a digestive system hassled with heartburn.
Heartburn Hassles? 10% off Combo
1 x PassionfruitBiotic, CocoBiotic or InnergyBiotic + 1 x Super Spirulina Plus
Heartburn Hassles? 10% off Freight Free Combo
9 x PassionfruitBiotic, CocoBiotic or InnergyBiotic + 1 x Super Spirulina Plus