- Improve digestion - increase absorption of foods
- Helps digest fats, proteins and carbohydrates
- Has anti-aging and immune-enhancing properties
- Rich in amino acids, enzymes, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and B vitamins
- An absolute must after antibiotic use
- Helps with diarrhoea, constipation and abdominal pain
Kefir has many benefits including better digestion of fats, proteins and carbohydrates, and has been known for thousands of years for its anti-aging and immune enhancing properties.
Kefir is an ancient cultured food rich in amino acids, enzymes, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and B vitamins. Kefir means "feel good" in Turkish, and that's just how you'll feel after drinking a glass in the morning! Easy and fun to make at home, it is superior to commercial yogurt. An absolute must after antibiotic use!
Unlike yogurt, kefir can actually colonize the intestinal tract and is simple and fun to make at home.
Body Ecology Kefir Starter contains the following beneficial bacteria:
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. diacetylactis,
- Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris
- Lactobacillus kefyr (thermophilic)
- Klyveromyces marxianus var. marxianus
- Saccaromyces unisporus
- Dextrose as a carrier (consumed during fermentation)
Contains 6 packets which can be used an average of 7 times each. 1/4 cup of previous batch will ferment approx 1 litre of liquid. 1 cup will make approx 4 litres, and so on. For prolonged shelf life, keep refrigerated before using.
To activate starter for initial usage:
- Into container (preferably glass with lid), mix together the entire contents of one foil package of kefir starter and 1 litreof slightly warmed milk (about skin temperature or 33°C).
- Shake, stir or whip with a whisk to mix well. Put lid on container.
- Let this mixture ferment at 22 – 24 °C for 18 - 24 hours for milk, 24 - 36 hours for coconut water and some others. (You will notice it is ready if the milk has thickened and has a distinctive, sour fragrance. Final consistency is pourable but not "eat with a spoon" thick.) Coconut water will not thicken like milk; it will only become cloudy and much less sweet.
- Shake or stir vigorously and place into the refrigerator. Even in your refrigerator the fermentation process continues, but chilling will slow down the fermentation of the healthy bacteria and beneficial yeast.
Kefir is traditionally made with cow's milk, but can be made with soy, coconut, rice, goat, or sheep milk (other varieties of milk yield a more watery kefir, than cow's milk).
Kefir is a wonderful addition to smoothies!
Shelf life is 12 months from the manufactured date or longer when stored in the freezer.
Contains no artificial flavourings, colourings or preservatives, animal products, filler or excipients.
Complimentary products: Assist Enzymes, LivAmend, Ancient Earth Minerals.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.
Body Ecology video